A week ago I ran out of coffee and took the opportunity to try and switch over to green tea. I really like warm teas and have had a cup in the place of coffee a morning or two here and there. We are making a few little adjustments in other ways to tweak our nutrition here in other ways too, but I'm going to have to say, THIS AIN'T ONE OF 'EM! I only drink decaf, or occasionally "Half-Caff". So it's not like my body feels the need for it. But I just love the taste of coffee and smell and that tea business just can't replace it. I've tried to switch over numerous times...doesn't work. You might say I just don't want to successfully switch... you'd be right. I gave it a good week. Oh well (shrug).










So yesterday I was grocery shopping and finally finally FINALLY picked up some more coffee.
I couldn't WAIT for this morning to have it. HEY, did you know that they now make decaf FLAVORED coffee? I got Decaf Hazelnut! I was so excited to see it, I got it w/o a coupon! GASP! This way I don't have to add that fattening creamer in that wonderful Hazelnut flavor I love! Just regular fattening creamer will do now.
So as I sit here T.O.T.A.L.L.Y. enjoying a cup of coffee again, I am studying my new coffee cup that I like so well (it's from Pier 1.. 75% off sale!) I am wondering how it is going to look on my new breakfast bar sometime in the very near future. What do you think?

Why am I bringing this up? No this remodel hasn't finally sent me over the edge... well, yes it has but today is starting out ok. But if you are going to go through this with me, you're going to have to go through these types of days too lol.
Plus I'm just THAT excited to have my coffee back.
PLUS, after last nights' fiasco, I'm needing a little quiet time with my favorite beverage.
P.L.U.S, Charles has run to Home Depot this morning for a couple of things to repair that stinkin' pipe, and well, you know what they say, "While the Cats away, the Mice will play!" I'm supposed to be mudding/taping/painting and fixing the kids breakfast

MAYBE you think I'm just stalling b/c I"m dreading going to work AGAIN on a Saturday on this house! You'd be right!
Not letting the grass grow under our feet!





1 comment:
Melissa. Melissa. I am so glad that you found out for yourself about that Green Tea nasty stuff!! That COULD NEVER replace wonderful COFFEE!!! Ah, hazelnut, I can smell it now....so aromatic! Since I joined Gevalia, I will never be without coffee again! (They have flavored coffee, too!)
Anyway...Still can't wait to see Pics of THAT house!! (You deserve 2 coffee breaks!)
Post a Comment