First of all, if you were one that help suggest names, THANK YOU! Right up until the end, the choices on the big list were: Chase (top of the list), Rocco, Ace and a couple others. Then we brought him home and he was just a Rusty lol
So....everyone......meet Rusty!
He is so much fun and spunky too. He is doing very well in 'training'. I have been crate training him which helps him 'potty' train very quickly. He normally goes right to his potty area now when he has the need. He can sit, shake, lay down, roll over (so cute!) and come on command. He also knows "off" and when I hold even his favorite treats in front of him, he won't get it if I keep saying OFF. I am working with him to leash train right now so we can have a half way decent walk around the neighborhood with him lol.
The kids just lovvve him. Once he does his business they go out and play with him, play fetch, chase him and cuddle him. They have food and pooper scooper duties. That goes well most days. Sometimes ..I get a lot of complaints lol.
Rusty and I are even going to a puppy class for basic manners tomorrow afternoon. From what I can tell he's learned most of them but I'm sure there's lots to learn from going. I don't want a super dog. I just want one that is easy to be around and obeys a few key commands so that he behaves around and guests and when we take him places.
So along w/ all else, any quiet moments are now filled with little Rusty. He's fun, but like a human baby, a ton of work at first. Yes, I'm loosing my mind.......... lol!!




No comments:
Post a Comment