Let's play a little guessing game. I post pics of todays events and you guess what is happening. Here we go...

and

and

oh.............................................and.................................
It's multiple choice....
a) I spent my day wandering around Home Depot snapping random pictures at the loading dock
b) I'm so anxious to get to the next stage of the remodel that I couldn't help notice that someone was getting their kitchen cabinets today and needed a pic for inspiration.
c) I found a camera lying on the ground and these were the pictures I found on it.
d) These are the cabinets I REALLY REALLY REALLY want..............
e) all of the above .................
or
f) WE BROUGHT OUR KITCHEN CABINETS HOME TODAY!!! YIPPPPPPIE!!!!!






Well, today was a magnificent day! Since we live at
these days, we have noticed there was a nice sale on cabinetry. 20% if it was in stock. Since we are replacing ALL cabinets in the kitchen, that was going to be a major savings! PLUS if you sign up for the HD Credit Card, you get 10% off of your first purchase. So we headed out to HD today and picked up all of our kitchen cabinets for 30% off! We saved $300!! I am so excited! We are just THIS close to doing the kitchen! Another biggie? While Charles was loading the cabinets, I ORDERED THE CARPET!!! Whoohoo!! OH HAPPY DAY! And, b/c I am the super-duper Deal Getta of the family, I, of course, came in way under budget in my choice...AND got some premium carpet AND the plushest pad. How did I do that? Well, I also signed up for a HD credit card to get 10% off plus I spun a little wheel thingy they had out and got $50 off! YES!
I came in about $200 under budget. It'll be about 2 wks before it's installed and I can't WAIT! We have more painting to do and just a BIT more tile and we'll be carpet-ready. Then we'll tear into the kitchen, build a pantry and...well...much more to come. But some of the biggies will be done!
The pics above don't really show the cabinet color very well. This one is the closest to the color:
And, Charles says if you want to see the REAL color, you have to take a trip out to see us :)
Not letting the grass grow under our feet!



3 comments:
I am SO EXCITED for you!!!! It IS a HAPPY day when new cabinets come into your life!!! Light at the end of a LONG tunnel!!!! YIPPEEEEEE!!! Can't wait to see pics of the kitchen being torn out!!!!
Maryann, I always look forward to your comments! Your enthusiasm makes me happy! Then again, our project is NOTHING as big as yours was...
didn't you MOVE your house and then start work? I think of THAT and know that we can do this! LOL.
I'm so glad you're following our progress! Keep posting comments..it keeps us going!
Melissa!! Yes mine was a huge project, BUT..because it was, we couldn't do it ourselves...But you guys are doing ALL the work yourselves...AND living in it!!! That's HUGE to me!!! And you are doing such good work!! I know it can be stressful too...But it's getting done so fast, you are going to be Happy and Proud of it when you're done!
Post a Comment