
On Sept 1 we scraped that stupid popcorn mess off and I'm STILL dealing with it! How the task of CEILING PERFECTER got handed to me, I don't know. Once the ceiling was scraped and 100 lbs or more of that plastery popcorn mess was on the floor, I spent DAYS hauling it away and chasing that fine dust all over the place w/ mops and brooms. I finally conquered it and thought I was finished wishing bad thoughts on the guy who sprayed this ceiling w/ that worthless mess. But my bad feelings for him didn't stop there. Soon I was on the top of a ladder combing over every inch of the ceiling in the house, spackling rough spots and sheetrockers errors until I wanted to PUKE. And that was a few weekends ago. Week after week I have spent so much time in each room w/ the spackle and electric hand sander. Today should be the LAST time I had to do it b/c I finally finished our bedroom, the last room that had a ceiling that needed patching. I have inhaled so much of that dust, even though I was wearing a respirator, that I feel ill. It will pass by tomorrow.......but I will never have nice feelings for the inventor of popcorn ceilings. He is truly the devil.
Ok, so now that we are all clear about how I feel and I have ranted on and on....let's get on w/ todays update.
Charles and I started work in the house around noon today. It's 9:00 pm and we just finished. It was one of those days that didn't produce masses of tile on the floor, instead it was prep work for other things. A friend came over tonight with his paint sprayer and painted the roof in all the rooms, now that my patching is done. My question is WHY...OH WHY didn't we buy one of those sprayers? We thought seriously about it but Charles felt it sprayed too much of a film and breathable mist into the air, or so he read. Well, this guy came in and had the roof in all the rooms painted in no time FLAT! If I had one of those things, I'd have this whole house painted in a couple of days! Oh well......... too late now.
So tomorrow we are taking off and going to a pumpkin patch/hay ride/corn maze type of place with friends and doing NO work! Sleeping late! YEAH! Then Sunday our friend is coming back to make sure the ceilings don't need a 2nd coat. Then Monday, Charles and I are going to get moving on painting the rest of the rooms. At some point in the day we are going to get quotes on carpet and hopefully order it! Then we'll take a couple of days to finish the paint while we wait for carpet to be installed. Once the carpet is installed the only thing left is the kitchen remodel..which is a BIGGIE, and the bathroom remodels, which are also biggies. BUT the whole rest of the house, which is the majority, will be done! Seeing a light at the end of the tunnel! We are 5 1/2 weeks into the remodel and so much is done!
Ok, well I am DEAD tired...updates again early next week.
Not letting the grass grow under our feet!




3 comments:
you are so right no grass is growing your feet. it is amazing how much you have done. i can,t wait to see it in person... love mimi
sorry... no grass is growing under your feet mimi
I totally hate popcorn ceilings too!! Whenever I see one I just ask, "why?"
So, What are the ceilings going to be? Painted sheet rock? I JUST cannot wait to see it all finished!! I know that as much as you hated starting it, you will be thrilled when it is finished!
Post a Comment