But I think we've decided to go ahead and buy new cabinets for the kitchen now. Charles wants to change the shape of the layout from a U design to an L design, which will open the area up some more and do away w/ a ton of unused counter and cabinet space and make what we have more functional. This will eliminate some of the counter top we'd have to buy and allow more $$ to buy cabinets. We were originally going to refinish the existing cabinets ourselves...actually, that was going to be MY job. THIS way, we just bring the cabinets in and install! YEAH! We visited Home Depot tonight to look at options.
Our paint color will stay the same (silvery blue). We wanted cherry stained cabinets but HD has in stock these cabinets in 'cognac' that have a slight hint of red in the brown. Not as much red in there as we first decided on. But very warm and beautiful just the same. We decided to go w/ Quartz counters instead of granite b/c that stone surface is just as pretty and a bit less expensive...but only a little. I fell in LOVE with one of the choices in quartz tonight. Here are all our choices:

The counter top is a medium tan color with reddish brown flakes in it and grayish flecks or 'pits'. When we put the wood against the counter I actually said, "OOOOOHHHHHH" and then I went and got the paint chip for the kitchen color and put it on top of the counter and I said, "AAAAAHHHHH!!!" That silvery blue picks up any blue in that gray flake and it just looks amazing! The cabinets are browner than I wanted, but hey......it looks so good together PLUS I don't have to refinish anything! woohoo!!
This is our plan as of now and I'm sure we'll tweak as we go. The kitchen will actually be done in Nov or Dec. Our NEXT project is all the little projects that have to be done before carpet comes in AND tiling every other floor surface that isn't getting carpet. Charles is taking 2 wks off in Oct and we'll try to tile and maybe get carpet in then. THEN we are knocking out the wall in between the kitchen and living room......
Well anyway, that is the latest. This weekend we aren't doing too much in the house b/c some other things needs attn that have been ignored. Car maintenance, car cleaning, house cleaning, etc.
So......how do you like the kitchen choices?




4 comments:
Ohhhhh, AHHHHH! Yes I really think they go well together. I cant wait to see it. Sometimes changing your mind isnt a bad thing...I'm sure you are glad that its a tad less work on you ;)
i think it is beautiful... but as long as you get it done asap so i can come out there i would love any color lol really it is real nice.. love you mimi
I love it!! I am sure that all the little samples don't do it justice! I don't know how we are all going to be able to wait until Nov.- Dec. to see it all come together. My daughter just bought a house and she wants almost the same color counter tops!! We took out the wall between her kitchen and living room today...We are just getting started though!! It is a mess! (but so much fun!!) I wish I could see yours...It is coming together, isn't it!!??
I think it looks great! I really like the colors together, and the counter draws it all together. Isn't great when you think you have what you want and then you find something even better!!!! Bekah
Post a Comment