Living room:
It's like a robin's egg blue. You've seen the slate..think it will all go? we are buying new furniture too, all espresso finish (darrrk) and a copper accent or two around the room to accent the slate. I'll also have espresso picture frames on the walls and other brown accents on the blue/green walls.
Kitchen:
This is more of a silvery blue, a more subtle blue than I can capture. It's called Silver Strand. We are refinishing the ancient cabinets ourselves, and using a Cherry finish. Granite counters. In the adjoining dining room, this silver blue on the top 2/3 of the wall, on the bottom 1/3, cherry finished wanescotting.
Master Bedroom:
It's a really fresh green, but in a calming way...NOT minty. Our furniture now is a dark cherry finish and will look GREAT w/ this. ..well I think so. The adjoining master bath will be this color:
This is a bit dark......again, a 'silvery' purple, more gray in it.....very soothing. Green glass tile accents to bring in the color of the bedroom.
Charlie's room......all designed herself:
3 walls are going to have the pink on top, chair rail then red on bottom. On the ONE wall you face as you walk in, the top will still be pink, chair rail, then pink/blue/white/red striped on bottom. Hula girl and surf theme.
Zak's room...designed himself (scary!!)
This red is coming off very bright, but it's actually the SAME red as Charlie's room above. the blue is a richer blue. Anyway, he wants two walls red, two blue, and flames on his closet door. OH MY!
The kids bathroom..............this one's gonna be fun!
They already have all the decorations from before...surf themed, with child-like art on the walls, all colors! Now the walls will be:
With a 2 foot wide stripe around the room in this color:
No, we are NOT afraid of color around here!! Can't wait till it all comes together!
What do you think?
Don't you DARE read w/o leaving a comment!






9 comments:
I love it all! I love color too and I cannot wait to see it all together. What a showcase it will be! I really like the living room and the idea of copper accents sounds like a great idea. The kids have done very well and I'm sure they were very excited to design their own rooms. YAY!
All those colors look like a clown was run over by a bus!
Zaks colors are cool
There's a reason MEN are color blind!
The colors are cool, and fresh. My sister did alot of colors in her house and every room gives you a different feeling. I'm not too sure about Zak's :) but I'm sure he'll love it for a few years lol. It's great to let them express themselves!
Yeah, Zaks' room is scaring me a bit too....
And painting to sell in a few years...OUCH w/ all that dark color. But he did get a kick out of choosing. LOL
love most of the colors!!
Charlie's most of all(of course)
We're right there with you guys-yes our house has a huge dumpster inthe front yard and a storage pod....and no fireplace-no brick wall yay!!!!no more paneling inthe house no walls at all....no carpet...just concrete...ugh..i am soooo tired..i am the unskilled labor onthis job..cleaning girl i hate bricks...love your ideas keep it upnan
Have you been watching HGTV?!! Only the LATEST decorating scheme!!! The blues with the espresso furnishings is so nice!! I think it is going to come together very nicely! The fireplace is sooooo different already than the way it was...It is ultra modern and so up to date this way. Please take pic of your first fire!! Hey you didn't tell us if it was woodburning or if you were going to make it gas or what?......MAV
Mary Ann, we are trying to decide what to do w/ the fireplace. It never gets cold here so we thought we just wouldn't use it. So we were going to just light candles in there. But now we have found a great gas composite type of log thingy to put in there and use it that way. I know if we did that we'll use it, so we may just go in that direction. WHY have a gorgeous fireplace w/ no fire, right?
Totally agree!! You are going to sit in front of that and just have quiet time and study your Watchtower!! I LOVE doing that!! Especially after all the work you have done on that fireplace!!
Post a Comment