Check Us Out!

Photobucket

Start reading below for the latest update on us!

Search the categories to the right for specifics. It starts at the top/from the beginning of our remodeling process and is numbered to keep it easy. At the very bottom, click on specific projects by name.


Photobucket

Saturday, September 20, 2008

French Door and Patching Day


Whew..am I tired. We have worked very very hard today. Charles got the french door in and I patched the roof and walls in the entire house. And we're not talking just puddy and nail holes here either. The walls were in decent shape but the ENTIRE roof was a mess b/c it was under all the popcorn mess up there. Whoever did the mud on the roof way back did not even ANYTHING out, of course, since it was just going to be covered. So that's what I mostly did today. There was one part I was especially proud of, as you walk in the door, the ceiling right above was just pitted and had a big lip with dried mud all at different levels. I worked w/ it w/ spackle, let it dry, came back and added some more, smoothed, repeat...until now it looks all level and just like smoothed out sheetrock! I tried to take a pic but it just looks like a white sheet of paper...so.... Tomorrow Charles will finish the french door, mainly finishing walling it in and adding plywood..sheetrock to come later in the week. AND he is now going to wall in a door in Charlies room that was the ONLY door to the backyard, but now that we have the French door we don't need that door in her room. Her room was formerly the den which is why a door was added there to begin with.

So here are todays pics:

Here we go! Before any work:


Frame coming out:



Daddy says, "grab a hammer kids!"






Charlie sees daylight!








Daddy says.......just knock it down!



After many hours of measuring, cutting, nailing and more measuring, we finally lift the door in place. Here i:


My kitchen is in there somewhere:


My living room. Drop clothes everywhere b/c of all the sanding I was doing on the roof.


Ok...........it's all leveled out and nailed/screwed in...

Drumroll..........................................



Before:



After:


Nice hole to the outside, huh? Can't wait until my robins egg blue paint surrounds it and my breakfast bar is on the left of it....where there is currently a wall. :)

Off to enjoy a steaming hot shower and my comfiest pjs. A glass of good wine from my favorite Winery in St. Augustine and a chocolate bar are in order!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOSH!!! You have done so much since I last checked in!!! Ya'll are FAST!! I cannot imagine the work on the ceiling! Are you sore? Did you have to work with your arms up for a long time on a ladder or how did you do it? The kids make it look fun! (Which to me it really is, in a crazy way!!) You are going to love those French doors!! Wine and chocolate!! The perfect way to "celebrate" and unwind!! YOU GO GIRL!!

Anonymous said...

charlie and zak what good workers you are .. wow when you finish that i have some stairs for you to finish lol mimi i love you sooooooooo much