Check Us Out!

Photobucket

Start reading below for the latest update on us!

Search the categories to the right for specifics. It starts at the top/from the beginning of our remodeling process and is numbered to keep it easy. At the very bottom, click on specific projects by name.


Photobucket

Monday, August 25, 2008

House Update 8/25

ohhhh, what a long day! First of all, Charles worked hard on Friday in the house, then we both worked throughout Saturday. Then, on Sunday, he left for a week........so I guess it's all up to me for while. So.....

First thing this morning we headed out to Home Depot so I could get some supplies to fight the dust down in the house (from the scraping off of those stupid popcorn ceilings...the dust and debris was EVERYWHERE). I also had on my agenda: patching and prepping all the walls to prime, and hopefully starting the priming.

Here I am ready for the task at hand.
SmileyCentral.com

Photobucket

After we got what we needed, we headed to the house. We ended up being there today for 5 hours and I got TONS done. I got all the wall prepping/spackeling/wall-patching done, I tackled and nearly won w/ all of the dust...you'll see pictures further down showing how bad the dust was in there, and I primed the living room and part of it's roof. I plan to try to get the rest of the place primed tomorrow! Here are some more pics from today. The kids were great little helpers!

Charlie and Zak helped vacuum the rooms.


Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket


They also both helped paint once I got the primer going. Here is zak:

Photobucket

Photobucket

And Charlie helped paint around this door frame:
Photobucket

Saturday...Zak helps sweep
Photobucket

The kids trying to scrape wallpaper Saturday
Photobucket


Daddy scraping the roof Saturday
Photobucket

When the kids need a break, which is often, they head out to the back where their movies are set up, snacks, etc.

Photobucket

Mommy working. The dust in there was so thick you'd CHOKE....I have asthma and have to be very careful. That is why I'm wearing this silly thing. It worked so well, I swear it kept the OXYGEN out!
Photobucket

Mommy giving Daddy a very mean look b/c she doesn't really want to do ANY of this...
Photobucket


The rest of the pics are shown in sets of 2 or 3 together to show the stages....... Starting before we touched anything...then this weekend when we started, and some today.

Living room before work:

DSCF0347.JPG

Saturday.. no carpet, roof scraped, fireplace taken down.......
Photobucket


Today, walls patched/sanded, roof prepped/sanded and partially primed...walls primed. I just need to get in the corners on along the base boards.
Photobucket

Photobucket


Dining room

Before work
DSCF0344.JPG

Saturday


Photobucket

Dining room cleaned up, but long way to go!
Photobucket


Hallway, master bedroom Saturday.


Photobucket

Today, dusty but all walls ready for primer, roof too.

Photobucket

Our Bedroom
Saturday
Photobucket


today it is cleaned but more wallpaper needs to be scraped.

Zak's Room Saturday
Photobucket

Today...you can't tell, but the walls are prepped, sanded and ready to prime.
Photobucket

Charlies' room...look at all this dust Saturday. Today that's all gone, walls are patched, sanded and ready to prime. Yes, that is a STUMP in her room. Her daddy and a friend used it to reach the roof to scrape SmileyCentral.com


Photobucket

Ok, we'll be there all day again tomorrow..........sigh. HOpe you enjoyed the update!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa!! Wow! To be you don't want to do this...you are doing a GREAT job!! And the kids look like wonderful help!! I am enjoying keeping up with you because I LOVE remodeling!! The only thing is, I am just not good at actually DOING the work like you are! I am so "JEALOUS"!!! (in a good way!) The way you are going, it will be finished in no time!!! I can't wait to see what you are planning for the fireplace!!! MAV

Anonymous said...

wow wow wow you have done so much in such a short time...at this rate it won,t be long before your finished.. yea!!!! then we can come and see it.. we are so proud of you.and the kids.. tell them mimi and poppi said they are great little workers. keep us updated as you go.. mimi